Friday, September 14, 2012

Summer Fling!

Did I mention I get really busy?
Opps!  There is really no excuse for the neglect I have bestoed upon my blog.
However although I have nelected to write here I have not completely neglected my fabric stash and passion for fashion.


This skirt is a recent addition to my developing wardrobe for the upcoming summer.  The fabric, bought *cough* last summer on my trip to Sydney sat patiently while I focused on my university studies, until about 3 months ago when I casually decided that this skirt was the skirt.  The skirt that I must wear for a date the coming Saturday.  Due date established I furiously set to work cutting, sewing, tacking, sewing, unpicking, and resewing until finally Friday night, wala!  Skirt finished, and in time fore the big night!  I have to admit I was sceptical about my ability to finish it in time.  I wanted it to be perfect so I could casually say oh yeah it was nothing (despite the hours of labour I had put into making it.)
I followed the pattern closely making slight alterations to make the waist smaller to fit my own.  The waist was cut at a size 8 tapering out to a size 10 for a fuller skirt effect. The main complication in the construction was in the waistband, the fabic has a beautiful indented square design, and in fusing the interface to the front of the waistband this design was flattened.  To fix this I changed the interfaced piece to the inside of the skirt having the "lining" on the outside so the indented fabric could shine in all its glory.

Outfit Details:
Skirt: Burda style 7370
Camosole:  Supré
Wrap Cardigan: Metalicus
Sandles: Dotti

3 comments:

  1. Your skirt is absolutely lovely, and looks perfectly beautiful on your tiny waist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassie, The skirt looks lovely. Shows of your amazingly tiny waist to perfection. The whole outfit looks great. Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassie, great blog, your skill is amazing the outfits are lovely. I doubt the grandpa shorts would fit me.
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete