The pattern is a modified (yes i know, Im addicted to modifications) Burda 8316. One of my favourite pant patterns.
- The most obvious modification is the length of the pants. Like most people I usually leave the hem till last. Simply pinning the hem at the right length for shorts. Or using a current favourite as a guide (matching crotch seams rather that waist lines.)
- The pattern already has length in the top for a high waisted short however quiet a bit of length needs to be taken from the sides this is best done by pinning to the body.
- The last modification i made is adding a waist belt. I gained the pattern piece from another pattern, Burda 7863. Taking instructions for attactchments also from Burda 7863. Too accommodate the pattern I also moved up the pockets and the back belt loop.
What I'm proud of,
- The shorts are comfortable and easy to wear fitting a lot better then the original Grandpa Pants.
What I could have improved.
- Ummm The colour isn't the best but still goes quiet nicely with my wardrobe.
Just Jeans- tee shirt
Shorts- Fabulous Fabrics